Checkers is a subsidiary of Shoprite since 1991, there are 37 Hypers in South Africa and over 200 supermarkets – mostly in South Africa – but also in Botswana and Namibia. The retailer’s headquarters are in Cape Town.The supermarket chain focuses more strongly on fresh produce and offers a wider range of choice food items to a more affluent clientele than some of Shoprite’s other brands. Checkers has strongly developed lifestyle departments with speciality ranges in wine, cheese, meat, deli foods and coffee. They also sell self-branded housewares, groceries and toys. The brand boasts two store formats namely supermarkets and large-format hyper stores.
Checkers publishes many catalogues with specials and promotions all year round.
WHY PEOPLE LIKE SHOPPING AT CHECKERS
- Great prices: Backed by Africa’s leading grocery retailer, Checkers offers great prices on popular items.
- Great Choices: Checkers is known for the freshest fruits and vegetables, and a wide range of choice food items such as Steakhouse Classic steaks, free-range Certified Natural Lamb, vegetarian and vegan products, a good selection of wine from 80 of South Africa’s leading estates, award-winning cheeses, Single Origin Roast Coffees, and more.
- Food services: Checkers’ world-class shopping environment will tantalize your senses. Purchase ready-to-eat meals for your family or guests. Or choose a kit with fresh local ingredients to be a master chef in your own kitchen.
- Convenience: 90 Checkers stores have MediRite Pharmacies. Fill a prescription or pick up some health items. Checkers also offers a range of financial services where you can purchase airtime, bus and plane tickets, pay bills and perform money transfers. Services like these mean you can save time by shopping at Checkers.
- Click and Collect: Rushed for time and can’t afford the time to run around the shops? Check out Checkers Hyper Online, where you can do online shopping and collect at your nearest store.
- Community Impact: The Checkers Simple Truth range is designed to offer you a variety of healthier choices to complement your lifestyle. The range contains no artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners and no added MSG. They have gluten-free, organic and eco-friendly products at great prices.
For more information detailing the current sale items available, click here to visit their website
|Cape Town 13 Wellington Rd (Durbanville)|
|Cape Town Cnr Cecil & Kenneth Rds (Plumstead)|
|Cape Town Cnr Cormorant Rd & Otto Du Plessis Dr (Big Bay)|
|Cape Town Cnr Doncaster and Chichester Rds (Kenilworth)|
|Cape Town Cnr Firgrove and Howard Dr (Meadowridge)|
|Cape Town Cnr Kloof and Weltevreden Str (Kloof Str)|
|Cape Town Cnr Main and Rosendal Rds (Rondebosch)|
|Cape Town Cnr Of College Rd And Pooke Rd (Rylands Village)|
|Cape Town Cnr Otto Du Plessis Dr & Blauwberg Rd (Table View)|
|Cape Town Cnr Regent and St Andrews Rds (Sea Point)|
|Cape Town Cnr Tokai & Vans Rds (Tokai)|
|Cape Town Cnr Tygervalley Rd and Burgundy Dr (De Grendel)|
|Cape Town Cnr Verdi Boulevard and De Villiers Str (Cobble Walk)|
|Cape Town Cnr Voortrekker & De La Rey Rds (Parow)|
|Cape Town Cnr West Coast & Sandown Rd (Table Bay Mall)|
|Cape Town Melkhout Str. (Hout Bay)|
|Durban 177 Windermere Rd (Windermere)|
|Durban 318 Tara Rd (Bluff)|
|Durban 33 Mackeurten Avenue (Durban North)|
|Durban 35 Overport City (Overport)|
|Durban 89 Davenport Rd (Davenport Rd)|
|Durban Cnr Harry Gwala Rd & Jack Mertens Dr (Pavillion Mall)|
|Durban Cnr M41 & Dube East Rd (Cornubia)|
|Durban Cnr Mountbatten Dr and Clare Rd (Reservoir Hills)|
|Durban Grove Avenue (Virginia Circle)|
|Durban Menston Rd (Westville)|
|Johannesburg 43 Bradford Rd (Eastgate)|
|Johannesburg Amanda Rd (Sp Pavillion)|
|Johannesburg Atholl-oaklands Rd And Park Rd (Blue Bird Melrose)|
|Johannesburg Cnr Athol And Northview Highlands North (Balfour Park)|